Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

More computer stuff

VLC CRASHING
I recently had a problem with VLC crashing on me. I don't know why or when it started. It would just simply crash every time it started. I found some info online however that fixed it. What I had to do was go to the vlc install directory, rename the plugins folder, open VLC(it won't open), wait for it to try to start and not open, then rename the plugins folder back to "plugins", and open it again. This resets the plugins and for some odd reason, fixes it. Your guess is as good as mine, but it works.

NVIDIA DRIVERS
I recently tried to install the Nvidia 162.18 drivers for my geforce 6600gt agp. The drivers have something wrong with their widescreen support, so the screen didn't look right. Then I uninstalled them and installed the NGO 158.22 drivers. For some reason my nvidia control panel doesn't work, however if I install ntune, the ntune control panel will open install of the nvidia control panel. I also have a weird dark triangle up at the top of my desktop. I don't see it in games though. I will probably go back to the 78.01 drivers, which were the last ones I know of to offer wmv HD acceleration for my 6600gt AGP. I might just wait for another driver update though. The Nvidia settings taskbar thing still works.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.