Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oh yeah, HoMM5

In respect to my earlier posts about Heroes of Might and Magic V, I forgot to mention that I finally got a serial number. I received it curtesy of Jolt.co.uk. I sent them an e-mail and they sent me a number.

It's kind of disapointing. Being a beta, there's still a number of problems...it may be more like an Alpha really. I got into one game with a guy who didn't know how to play, and it lagged very badly but I wasn't sure if it was from my detail settings or internet lag. Then I downloaded and installed a menu mod so that I could create a hot seat game with a non-working AI player. After playing that for a little while the whole thing crashed. Whoo.

On the game front, I'm addicted to Animal Crossing and I finally started playing Broken Sword 3. I like it. I think it might have crashed on me too, but I can't remember exactly. Maybe I just quit playing without any game failure. Any fan of Adventure games or stories or non-twitch gaming should definately pick it up. The console versions might be better for the sole fact that the pc version installs the dreaded starforce protection software(which I now have 3 copies of for Trackmania Nations, BS3, and the HoMMV beta). It doesn't have one of those wiz bang graphic engines, but it looks pretty nice. The animations are pretty good. The voice acting is superb. The characters are believable. The story is pretty engaging. I haven't played it very long though.

I need to get a big "Buy Psychonauts" banner, because everyone should. Psychonauts finally made it to Europe, all localized and stuff, so hopefully that will boost the sales and Doublefine will get huge cash for mega games.

Oh No! I'm rambling again. (I slept about an hour...)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.