Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Friday, February 10, 2006

Credit Report. yay.

Due to some government program, the big 3 credit reporting agencies made a website called www.annualcreditreport.com where anyone in the US can get a free credit report once every 12 months from the three companies. No credit score, just the report.

Well, I decided to check mine a few minutes ago and apparently I have a credit account with citi(which I didn't know I had), my names are Art B Martin, Stewart J Martin, and B Martin Art and my Date of Birth is 1985(it's 1984)...oh and I had a State Tax Lien which I paid back in November. All I can say is...what the fuck? I mean seriously.

I see this as being a major source of frustration in the next few days or possibly weeks. Needless to say, I've got some people to talk to.
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Good luck. I've been disputing stupid things on mine for years. I have been getting my report from the 3 major credit bureaus for since I was 17. They take it off and put it back on if no one else is found to "pay" for those things or account for them. They said, and I quote, "Someone has to be held responsible". So the first step is to call each credit bureau individually, give them your full name and social, and ask to be mailed your free credit report WITH a dispute sheet. Go ahead and make copies of your SS Card, Drivers Liceanse, and any bills or anything else that's leagl with YOUR name on it. Those are the 3 and the info. Good luck. And if you need any help or info I've been there just get Leslie to talk to me for you.

Equifax:
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
(888) 766-0008
Web site: www.equifax.com

Experian (formerly TRW:
National Consumer Assistance Center
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
(888) 397-3742
Web site: www.experian.com

TransUnion LLC:
Consumer Disclosure Center
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022
(800) 888-4213
Web site: www.transunion.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.