Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Sunday, January 29, 2006

*** **** Son of *****!

"The beta is now closed" That's what it says for the Heroes of Might and Magic V Open Beta. I downloaded the damn game, but you need a unique starforce copyright key. For some reason the Linux version of Firefox wouldn't display the beta sign up properly. I was probably one of the first thousand to go to the sign up page but it doesn't matter if you can't see the stupid page. I might have booted into windows too, but I was busy with other things.

I hope that they add some more keys, otherwise I guess I'll just have to stay pissed.

Edit:
Oh, I just checked the "Open Beta faq" and found this:

Q: "What's wrong? I went to one of those mirror links and all it shows is a black page with a little graphic about subscribe now!?"

A: For some reason the main graphic on that page doesn't load sometimes. Reload and wait. If it still isn't there, then you can click on the invisible join link. Move the mouse an inch or two above the subscribe link and click (the mouse cursor changes shape when its over a link). Thats where the join link should be. The status bar should say hmmv_signup.aspx when the mouse is in the right place on the invisible link.
Here's a pic of the black page and where to click for join link (red circle):
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/3268/invisiblejoinlink5yy.jpg
Here's a pic of what the page SHOULD look like (red circle around join link):
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2162/visiblejoinlink0wc.jpg

Well, I guess that explains it. That's stupid.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.