Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ogg player update.

The temptation was too great to resist

It has 6 times as much space as my previous one, and I believe(though the listing doesn't say it) that the included remote control has an fm transmitter built in so I won't have to buy one. My biggest fear is that I will drop it and, being a hard drive player, it will break...or it simply won't work when it gets here. I'm also not sure if it uses a simple usb drive interface or something more complex. If it's more complex then it would probably be useless as a portable hard drive at school or in Linux. I think it's just a usb drive interface because it is advertised to work in on Macintoshes.

At 67.99 it costs much more than I intended to spend, but that's about what I payed for my first 256mb mp3 player. If it has the included fm transmitter the price should look more reasonable.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the bid price went from .99 to 58.00 in less than 24 hours. Also, since the device is a Korean device, I'm not sure that the fm transmitter will work in the US, if it has one.

edit again: More info on the player at http://nextway.co.kr/english/product/nmp_150d.htm. It is one of their "Digital Dream Device" products(that's what D Cube means). At least the South Koreans are not as crazy as the North. It's probably all that rice alcohol. I think it's a good kind of crazy. We could all probably use some more Digital Dream Devices and rice alcohol.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.