Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Monday, January 16, 2006

Might and Magic + kahvi mp3 podcast

I know I've been posting a lot lately, but I have to balance out the times I don't post at all by posting a lot the other times.

First of all, there's a comment on my "Damn You Cruel World!" post from the guy who runs kahvi.org and he said that until the next kahvi release all the podcasts are in mp3 format.

Secondly, Heroes of Might and Magic V is having an open beta on the 19th. Also, I missed the anouncement for the next Might and Magic game. It is being made by Arkane Studios, the makers of Arx Fatalis. I played Heroes of Might and Magic 2-4 quite a bit. My mom and I both played the first Might and Magic on the NES for far too many hours. I never really got into the rest of the Might and Magic games, but I do have Arx Fatalis. I never beat it because I had too much trouble picking it back up again ater I put it down because I never remembered what it was I needed to do.

The new Heroes of Might and Magic V is going to be different than the previous. Since 3do went out of business it is being made by a different studio, nival interactive, and they are going to have lots of 3d and possibly different third person perspectives or something. I think they're trying to make it more exciting. I'm not totally sure how it's going to be, which is why I am anticipating finding out in the open beta. I am also anticipating finding out what the next Might and Magic should be like. I liked Arx Fatalis, because it reminded me of Ultima Underworld, but I never beat either Ultima Underworld 1 or 2.

Heroes V will have a Mac version...maybe someone can convince them to port it to Linux.

Should be interesting.

Reference:
http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/us/
http://www.mightandmagic.com/HeroesV/
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.