Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Damn you, cruel world!

It is official. I want an mp3 player that can play ogg vorbis files. Well, it wouldn't strictly be an mp3 player then, it would elevate to a higher plane of audio existence and become a "Digital Audio Player". Why you may ask? The mp3 player I have now plays wma and mp3 just fine. Simple, I decided I don't listen to enough music and that I don't give music from Kahvi.org enough listening time. So I thought I could download the new released to my audio player and then listen to them for a while until I've had enough time to make a significant opinion about them. I could listen to them while I walk around the house, eat food, walk outside, traverse the vast expanse which is "The Wal-mart", or while I'm riding in the car. The hitch, all the new kahvi releases are ogg vorbis. Yes, I could reencode them using various softwares but I don't want to.

Listening in my car, be it with my current mp3 device, or a separate cd player or tape player or portable 8 track or game device or whatever is portable and happens to have an audio out is also a problem because my car stereo does not have an auxiliary input. I thought about taking it out and seeing if there was any input on the back that I could rig up to play my devices through the car speakers but I don't have much hope for that. I could also get one of those $50 fm transmitter things but why get cd quality digital audio just to make it radio quality, which is pretty low quality on the audio quality scale? Not only that, but they're like $50 and up. My girlfriend's car stereo has aux in and it was probably $50 itself.

When cd car stereos were designed that should have all come with aux in standard so people could still play their tapes. I should start a movement about it. CSAISFABF - Car Stereo Auxiliary Input Standard For A Better Future(say that 5 times fast).

Back to the ogg player. I had a link to some cheap mp3 players earlier and at least one of them could play ogg vorbis. I will probably search for the link on my website later. I think I may have also mentioned the Rio Karma which is one of those hard drive players that can store something like 20 gb of music and can play both ogg vorbis and, get this, Flac which is lossless audio compressed of the highest quality made by the people who made ogg vorbis.

Update: A (probably incomplete) list

IN OTHER NEWS
Hasbro seems to own almost every, if not every, toy I ever played with as a kid...and a number I played with when I was older.

ALSO

A super soaker flame thrower.
Comments:
I think it was less than $50.
 
subscribe to the kahvi podcast - all the releases are in mp3 from there temporarily until the next release comes out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.