Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Kanye West



Man, that was sweet. He has more balls than I do. I am of course, referring to his outburst on NBC's Concert for Hurricane Relief. I'm not sure how much truth there was in his comment, but I know there is some truth in it even if he wasn't spot on. I got the image from here. Notice at that NBC link that they actually have the footage available. I think that's pretty sweet too but I can't look at it because Windows Media Player is messed up and msNBC wasn't nice enough to create a Real Video stream so you know...everyone else without windows xp can watch it. Edit: good old ifilm.

What I think he was supposed to say...which I think Mike Myers tried to say before they switched over to Chris Tucker was that one of the biggest necessities for all those displace people right now and the people trying to give them releif is cash, because, simply put, cash buys food and water and medical supplies.

To insert your check book go here:




Also, in Fort Smith, AR, there are a bunch of people coming in and supplies for them can be dropped off at "hunt" something in the pheonix village mall. I forgot the name of the place.

Edit: I'm not a big hip hop/rap/r&b fan but you can listen to Kanye's latest cd and watch two of the latest videos on kanyewest.com and it seems pretty good. I dunno how I feel about the lyrics, but I like the music. Pretty funny, Late Registration is about registering late for College. Diamond has a good message, and tells a story I didn't really know. Don't buy conflict diamonds! Jamie Foxx's bleating on Gold Digger is priceless.
Comments:
I think that maybe Kanye West was a little harsh. There are a lot of people to blame.

For one thing, if it has really been 100 years since we've had such a disaster, it's easy to see why nobody would think it could ever happen, or at least not be fully prepared.

For another. They were living in a bowl, on the edge of the ocean, in a place that hurricanes visit almost every year.... With every hurricane, I would think or hear someone say:
"It's a good thing it missed New Orleans."

Why didn't everyone living there have a plan of escape? People do funny things. We have a tendencey to end up in difficult situations. Hindsight is 20-20.

I personally blame the Boy Scouts. Their moto is "Be prepared." Where were they? Why hadn't they prepared those poor folks. Selfish twits.

Thanks,
Nathan
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.