Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Alsa sucks

Maybe it's not alsa's fault, but after multiple attempts and many hour spent just trying to find out how to set, in Linux, ALSA's damn mixer settings so that the audio comes out of the channels like it does in Windows, I still can't get it. 5.1 just won't work right. There are like 50 different mixer settings in alsamixer. How many years has ALSA been around? They can't just write a more simple mixer or at least an explanation of what all those settings do? I just want 5.1 audio. I don't want to waste my damn time screwing around with this crap that should have been polished ages ago. RTFM? What manual? I check the stupid manuals and found no explanation of the stupid mixer settings.

Maybe I just need to find a better search engine, because google lately seems to almost never give me anything I'm looking for. It's all just forum links where someone say something stupid...or a blog where someone says something stupid. Waste of time.

I would stick with Windows permanently for the sole reason that audio works the way it should, but the stupid OS blue screens on me when I try to watch movies. I really hate computers. They never evolve, they only get faster.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.