Computer graphics, games, a bunch of random "stuff", and a slippery slope between insanity

(to look for something specific try the search above or the archives to the right)

Monday, April 25, 2005

Numero Uno

I can't say I really want, or have ever wanted a "blog"...a web log maybe...a smearing of mental words on web canvas, maybe...

I just wanted some place to write the daily things I learn and the truths I see. Not just so other people can learn as well, but so I can look back at them and remember, because my memory is not so great. At the tender age of 20, a failing memory is not a good sign of things to come.

My website was supposed to be a lot more than just a web log(definately more than a xanga) but it never really turned out that way. Sure, it had a forum and some images, and the formatting was different, but most of what anyone could call content, was very much what many people call a "blog". When I lost my hosting, I debated on what to do and I thought I might be able to find a free web hosting that was very limited and had no ads, or one that had simple ads, but nothing I found seemed to fit. Considering how annoying hand copying and pasting tables was, on my old website, I considered creating a web log with movable type or something similar. After a couple hours of research tonight, I decided that I might as well get a weblog. I'm just too lazy to try to setup something like that. The best option would probably be to setup a server...and I may have a suitable computer sitting a few feet away, but that's a lot of trouble.

So, I've sold out. Whatever. Life goes on.

I've decided to strive to make this blog less of a journal or diary or log and more of a publishing of truths, facts and educated opinions. As I learn lives little truths, I will try to post them, because learning through others experiences is usually much better than one's own. I spend a lot of time just learning random things that I get curious about. So, we'll see.

I need to figure out how to get tangentmind.org to point to this blog. I'll probably just have to forward it here...not ideal, but it's something.

More info on the state of Earwacs and links to my old website(s) will follow directly.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Copyright Stewart James Martin unless otherwise noted(or accidently not noted). If you want to use anything shoot me an e-mail, at least.